Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Kites of Nanjing

I have a set of photos all taken the same day in Nanjing at Zhonghuamen.  Will and I had arrived the evening before.  We explored a bit together then, and together in the morning, we parted ways in the afternoon, a few hours prior to these pictures being taken.  I had chosen to go to Zhonghuamen because of its proximity to our hostel, curiosity, and a desire to walk and observed independently.  At the top of Zhonghuamen were at least half a dozen people with kites.  I assumed they were connected and that they had all planned to be there at the same time, but there was no sign or announcement to the public and on retrospect they may have had no connection at all.  These are some of my favorites of all the pictures I've taken so far.  I showed a few of them before, so I am properly showing them here now.  Usually when I don't add explanations for individual images I don't put them in any particular order.  These ones I have ordered specifically to recreate the feelings I had while taking them.



































No comments:

Post a Comment