Sunday, December 18, 2011

Classwork

I don't really get to share what I do in class in that much detail, so I thought I'd share something I had my conversation class do for homework.  I asked each class to write a response to, 'If you could clone one significant figure, who would it be and why?'  Here are the results.  I did not include descriptions next to the names, but if you post a comment, I will fill you in. I am pleased to say I recognized all of the former Premiers and Presidents of China, and none of the popular singers or actors or writers.  I know these ones now though, because each student described their person in their assignment.


Person                           Class 1              Class 2              Class 3              Class 4                  Total
Zhou Enlai                      IV                     II                       III                     IV                          13
Oscar Wilde                   I                                                                                                          1
No One                          I                       I                                                 I                               1
Bai Fangli                       I                                                                                                          1
Steve Jobs                     I                        I                         I                                                       3
Oneself                         VIII                    IV                   VI                       III                           21
Confucius                      I                        I                        II                         II                            6
Albert Einstein               III                      I                         I                                                       5
Tracy McGrady             I                                                                                                           1
Friend                            I                                                                                                           1
Michael Jackson            II                       I                                                     I                            4
Audrey Hepburn            I                                                                                                            1
Deng Xiaopeng             III                                                I                         IV                            8
Mother Teresa                I                                                                                                           1
Issac Newton                 I                                                 I                                                         2
Mother                          II                                                 I                                                        3
Father                           II                                                                               I                           3
Cao Xueqin                   II                                                                               I                          3
Cheung                         I                                                                                                            1
Yuan Longping                                       I                                                        I                         2
Jackie Chan                                            I                                                                                   1
Zhu Rongji                                              I                                                                                   1
Ren Changxia                                          I                                                        I                        2
Wu Zetian                                               I                                                                                  1
Girls Generation                                      I                                                                                   1
JJ Lin                                                     I                                                                                    1
Grandparent                                            I                             II                                                   3
Sanmao                                                   I                                                                                  1
Garfield                                                   I                                                                                  1
Bill Gates                                               II                                                        I                         3
Mr Bean                                                  I                                                                                  1
Su Shi                                                      I                                                                                  1
Cat                                                          I                                                                                  1
Taylor Swift                                             I                                                                                  1
Oprah Winfrey                                         I                                                                                  1
Mao Zedong                                            I                                                                                  1
Li Bai                                                       I                                                       I                          2
Liu Bingshan                                                                             I                                                  1
Michael Jordan                                                                         I                                                  1
Dogs                                                                                        I                                                  1
Lin Dan                                                                                    I                                                  1
Alex Del Piero                                                                          I                                                  1
Yu Minhong                                                                              I                                                 1
Florence Nightingale                                                                  I                                                 1
Leonardo Da Vinci                                                                    I                                                 1
Babies who have died                                                               I                                                  1
Doraemon                                                                                 I                                                 1
Boyfriend                                                                                  I                                                  1
Martin Luther King Jr.                                                                                        I                        1
Helen Keller                                                                                                      II                        2
Jolin                                                                                                                    I                        1

No comments:

Post a Comment