Thursday, June 2, 2011

Re-Viewing Philadelphia

Mural on Broad Street
These pictures of downtown Philadelphia were taken last summer in early June.  They are some of the less famous landmarks, but are things that stand out to me as being unique to Philly.  The mural is one of many around the city.  The horse and buggies are only in the historic area.  And the stain glass bus stops are only on the downtown portions of Chestnut street.







Next to Independence Hall

These pictures are also significant, since I had just come back home after living in Japan for nine months.  As I was walking around downtown, there was the feeling that there is no place like home.  I'm not sure how to convey that in an image, but these pictures were how I felt I could at the time.

Bus Stop

No comments:

Post a Comment